I’m Busy

More and more people are spending their time alone, single and childless. We already know that more than 50% of marriages fail. After spending a short amount of time single, and a good portion of my marriage alone, I feel like I have some insight into all of this.




We are consumed with being amazing people, which is great, but we over schedule ourselves. We need more and more “me” time. We’re less willing to compromise and sacrifice our time for dating, friendships and marriages. We are busy and it’s prized. People can’t even reply to a text. Just like, scroll or swipe.

I feel like this might be the end of human intimacy. If you want to meet “the one” you have to make time, if you want to have deep and lasting friendships you have to show up and if you’re married and things get a little bumpy you have to do the work and talk it out.

Call me old fashioned but I want to do the work with someone, from beginning to end. I’ve always been in things for the long haul. My friendships are as good as family. I never imagined getting divorced. I don’t do 50% and I’m tired of people expecting me to meet them at their level. Hey, if you’re someone who values real relationships at 50% and your busy life at 50% and you won’t compromise, cool, but I won’t be doing that because I think you’re important.

If we have a relationship that means I think you’re unique and interesting. I’m investing in you. I will go out of my way to make you feel important to me because you are. If I want to be with you I will find a way to rearrange my schedule to do it. Hell, I’ll even try to travel to see you. Why? Because I’ve lost everything and I know that when you do, all that’s left are people and not your busy.

Don’t tell me you’re busy anymore, we all are, and frankly I’m over your life schedule. Guess what? It all falls apart. However, if you think I’m special too I’ll know it because you’ll make room for me, like I make room for you. If you don’t hear from me anymore don’t take it personally, I just want to stay at my 100% and be the best person I can be.

That person is your new friend, old friend, ex wife, potential date and family member.

Comments